Monday 16 June 2008

Final Day - Kansai International Airport

So, this is where it all ends. I'm currently struggling with a japanese keyboard on the free internet that KIX provides in the departures lounge - I'm also standing up with my face about 10 inches away from the screen, so this isn't the easiest of updates! My trip to Japan ends in about half an hour as my plane begins boarding at 11.10 and I'm just killing time before then. I've had an awesome time and have had so much more to write about than I've been able to do on this blog. I still have Tokyo to update you about but it will be so much easier to do that when I'm back in Hertfordshire and getting ready for the English way of life again! All I can say is that my hotel did indeed have a dolphin stadium and an aquarium, and it also had 5 rides (one of which was a rollercoaster with a 360 loop thrown in for fun). Tokyo is every bit as busy and as mental as you expect it to be and so it was a tiring few days of getting a train to a district, walking for hours and then getting a train to another district. I'm half relieved to be heading into a day with minimal walking, but if my flight is anything like my incoming flight then I'm sure its going to be an endurance test to say the least!

Airports can be a lonely place when you have hours to kill and fortunately Bill Bryson has been keeping me company (not in the flesh of course, only in the form of a paperback).

I should go before this keyboard hurts my wrists anymore and sets me on a path to old age and arthritis.

It's been a blast - thanks to Tom for letting me stay and showing me the sights (plus beating me every single time at Winning 11 - I owe you a good beating soon dude!)

No comments: