Saturday 16 August 2008

A Broken Portman Atwood

Last night I caught up with Portman at the Cavendish Arms in Stockwell. It's a funny place to hold a show, a sizeable walk from a dodgy tube station and not exactly well advertised, but it was such an awesome venue and I had a good night. It's basically a standard pub on the right hand side and then a nice little ritzy dancehall/venue on the left hand side. We all know I have big love for Portman and they played a few new tracks that sounded brilliant and
I'd happily watch them every single week if I had the chance. The big surprises of the night for me where A Broken Robot as they have so much more energy live and the first two songs "All Here" and "Elliot" were enough to get everyone in the crowd going. Atwood are also worth checking out, and I'm just about to give their debut EP a listen for the first time!

No comments: